We are Superior Nutrition Coaching LLC of 20180 Park Row Dr. Ste 6797 Katy, Texas 77449. (“SNC” or “we”, “us”, “our”). We recognize the importance of privacy and the sensitivity of personal information. SNC is subject to various privacy statutes.
Your Privacy Rights
Under the Privacy Laws, SNC is required to collect, use, and disclose personal information only by lawful and fair means. To ensure this accountability, we have developed this policy, and trained our staff about our policies and practices.
What is “personal information”?
Personal information is any information that identifies you, or by which your identity could be deduced.
What Types of Services does SNC Offer?
SNC offers the following types of services:
- SNC Nutrition Coaching Program – Online Coaching for Individuals
- This is a program whereby individuals join our online SNC Nutrition Coaching Program for fitness and nutrition coaching by SNC’s own coaches. SNC is the controller and processor of the personal information collected for this program.
What types of personal information do we collect?
If you sign up for our SNC Nutrition Coaching Program, you will be required to provide your name, email address, and mobile phone number. At the time of registration, you will be asked to provide payment card information (including your credit card number, expiry date, and CVC/CVV) in order to register; however, this payment card information is sent directly to our payment card processor. SNC only receives a random electronic token over an encrypted connection from the payment processor that confirms the transaction has been completed. We do not receive a copy of your payment card information.
If you have registered for the SNC Nutrition Coaching Program you will need to provide additional information such as alternate contact information, your full home address, date of birth, gender, ethnicity, physical measurements or attributes, and other more detailed information about your lifestyle (including but not limited to: employment, preferences, habits, personal routine) in order create a program account. SNC will also collect limited medical information about your health and well-being in order to better assess and develop a structured coaching program to help you meet your fitness and health goals. This additional information is considered sensitive data and is treated as such, requiring your explicit consent for us to collect this information. We will also require a confirmation from you that your doctor has approved your following our program or if you are not able to provide this confirmation, we will require that you sign a medical waiver, which will be supplied to you at the time of collection of your personal information.
As a tool to help you assess your progress, SNC will ask you to upload photographs of yourself periodically and to provide your measurements, including girth measurements and weight (around once a month). Uploading of photographs is optional and you can request that they are anonymized. The measurement recording feature is similarly optional. You can choose to stop uploading photos or providing measurements at any time. Should you choose to upload photos or measurements, these photos will only be viewed by SNC coaching staff.
If you are purchasing any of our Guides, we will need your full name, company, phone number(s), email, and shipping and billing address in order to affect the transaction and send you the product. As noted above, our third-party payment processor will collect payment card information directly from you on our behalf, but we will receive a random electronic token confirming the transaction. In addition, SNC will ask if you are a fitness professional or if you otherwise work in fitness.
Our products and services are not intended for or available to children under the age of 18 years. If you are under the age of 18 years, please exit our website.
When will we collect personal information from you?
We will collect information that you provide to us when you:
- register and create an account for our SNC Nutrition Coaching Program;
- make changes to your user profile information;
- purchase any of our Guides;
- complete offers or surveys through the use of our services;
- enter our annual cash prize giveaway (if you are eligible as a member of our SNC Nutrition Coaching Program); and
- send email messages, queries, or other information to us, including posting our website’s Member’s Only Forums.
Wherever possible, we collect personal information directly from you. Where applicable, we may also obtain information about you from other sources. That is, if you register for our SNC Nutrition Coaching Program via a third-party social media network, you authorize SNC to collect from the third-party network the personal information you provided in your third-party network account so that we may pre-populate the registration and other relevant fields of your SNC Nutrition Coaching Program user profile.
Your use of third-party networks remains subject to the terms and conditions and policies you have agreed to with such third-party network providers. For example, if you join the PN Facebook Group associated with your SNC Nutrition Coaching Program, we and other users of Facebook may be able to view your profile and the posts you submit, depending on your privacy settings. Your use of third-party platforms remains subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such platforms, such as Facebook’s Terms of Service available here and Data Policy available here.
Why do we collect and use your
We collect personal information from you to:
- Learn about you and your fitness goals and other related objectives to help you achieve them;
- Create a unique profile on our website in order to provide relevant and targeted offers to you;
- Include you in our annual cash prize giveaway if you have signed up for our SNC Nutrition Coaching Program and are eligible to enter this promotion;
- Better understand your preferences and tailor offers and services to you based on those preferences;
- Conduct research and contribute publications to medical and scientific journals aimed at furthering the field of exercise and nutrition science (this data is aggregated or rendered anonymous);
- Better understand our website usage and trends, to improve our service performance, and build knowledge around user attitudes and motivations around health and fitness;
- Process transactions for goods and services that you have purchased from us.
Lawful Bases for Processing of
We use the personal information we collect about you:
(a) to fulfill a contract, or take steps linked to a contract, in particular, in order to: provide you with our products and services, including their billing, payment processing, activation, supply, maintenance, support, troubleshooting, deactivation and upgrade or update as well as the resolution of disputes over products and services; or enter into, and perform, an employment contract with you;
(b) where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests are:
- understanding and meeting your usage needs and preferences for our products and services notably by:
- using information collected to ensure that our products and services are technically functioning as intended;
- fulfilling or enforcing any agreements or notices that are associated with any of our particular products or services;
- managing or responding to your inquiries;
- identifying the features or products and services that are most valued and to identify gaps or shortfalls in our product and services offerings so we can develop new products and services and enhance existing ones;
- managing our business and operations, for example:
- to detect, monitor, investigate, mitigate, or attempt to prevent fraud and technical or security issues or to protect our products, services, and property;
- to allow for business continuity and disaster recovery operations;
- to enforce our legal rights;
- for statistical purposes; and
- managing the recruitment process, in particular: making informed decisions on recruitment and ensuring your suitability for the role or to keep you in mind for future roles; answering your inquiries, and improving our recruitment processes and activities.
(c) to meet legal and regulatory requirements, all applicable laws and to respond to emergency situations, including:
- responding to court orders, warrants or other lawful requests or legal processes;
- detecting, preventing and suppressing unauthorized or detrimental use of our site, products or services; and
- providing emergency assistance in situations that may threaten the life or physical safety of you or others.
(d) where you give us your consent, for example:
- If you sign up for our free courses or resources, or you request to be added to our presale list to get early notification for when our programs open for registration, you are required to provide consent for us to process personal information in the form of your name, email address, and an optional SMS phone number. You consent by providing this information to us and acknowledging the double opt-in confirmation. If at any time you wish to remove your name, email address, or SMS number from our system, you can unsubscribe from some or all messages from us by clicking the unsubscribe link, or by contacting our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- If you register for our coaching programs, we require explicit consent from you to process your personal information and sensitive data by affirmatively acknowledging your consent through ticking checkboxes in your program Intake Form. This includes consent for:
- The collection of potentially sensitive categories of data, like race/ethnicity and health-related data;
- Sending you daily or weekly email reminders of the next steps in the program, and when new messages or feedback arrives. You can start and stop delivery of these emails by changing a setting in the Your Info section of our application, and this will not affect our ability to deliver the contracted service;
- Collecting basic browser and operating system information to help us improve our products and services;
- Allow your data to be used anonymously for research purposes
- Recording your IP address to monitor and confirm access to our systems;
- Deriving and storing your time zone from an address you provide; and
- If you wish that we send you information about similar products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details provided below.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose any additional personal information to any third-party to enable them to market their products and services.
Except as described above, any information provided to any other third-parties will only be provided at the aggregate or de-identified level such that no individual can be uniquely identified or linked to the information.
Under certain circumstances, SNC will disclose your personal information:
- when we are required or authorized by law to do so, for example, if a court issues a subpoena;
- when you have consented to the disclosure;
- when the services we are providing to you require us to give your information to a third party your consent will be implied unless you tell us otherwise;
- to a potential successor to our business and its professional advisors in connection with a merger or sale involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control;
- for the purpose of completing the transaction and continuing to provide services to you; or
- where it is necessary to establish or collect amounts owed to us.
Transfer to Service Providers
In addition to the disclosures listed above, we transfer information to our service providers for processing and/or storage. We require that our service providers use reasonable safeguards to protect personal information under their control from loss, theft, and unauthorized modification and disclosure. Our service providers are only permitted to use your personal information in order to provide these services to us; for example, the following types of information are provided to our service providers for processing and/or storage:
Information automatically collected through the website: The information automatically collected about you that is provided to our service providers may include, but is not limited to: device ID, device type, browser type, and version, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our website, ad data, IP address, and standard web log information.
We may need to transfer your personal information outside of your country of residence in the following circumstances:
- Where you have requested a service that is fulfilled by one of our affiliated entities located in another jurisdiction;
- Where we work with a service provider that processes or stores personal information on our behalf outside of your country of residence.
Our Privacy Officer, who is available at email@example.com, can provide further information about our policies and practices regarding service providers in different jurisdictions and further information about how these service providers, collect, use, disclose or store personal information on SNC’s behalf.
Your Choices About Your
At any time, if permitted by and subject always to the provisions of applicable data protection law, you can contact us to: stop receiving direct marketing (including, emails and hard copy materials) from us; access your personal information; where we have asked for your consent to the processing, to withdraw this consent; close your account; amend or update your personal information, where possible, to ensure that it remains accurate, complete and up to date; erase your personal information; restrict your personal information; port your personal information; or object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, by contacting our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can always unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails from us by simply clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of every promotional email from us. We will honor your request within ten business days of receipt.
Please note that if you request that we erase certain of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide you with the products or services you have contracted for. For example, if you request that we erase your log-in credentials we will no longer be able to provide you with access to an online account on our website or app).
If you have questions about the withdrawal of your consent, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
If you contact us to do any of the things listed above, we may require you to provide sufficient personal information to allow us to identify you before disclosing the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information. The personal information so requested will only be used for the purpose of properly identifying you.
If you contact us about your personal information, we will respond to your request within the period required by law and at minimal cost or no cost to you in accordance with local laws. Summary information is available on request. More detailed requests that require archive or other retrieval costs may be subject to our normal administrative fees.
There may be instances where we cannot comply with your request to access your rights in respect of your personal information because of exceptions contained in local laws. For example, we may need to refuse access if denial of access is required or authorized by law; if access would interfere with the safety, health or privacy of others or if access would result in a breach of confidentiality.
We keep your personal information as long as is reasonably necessary for us to complete our dealings with you, or as may be required by law, whichever is longer. For example, we may retain your personal information after we have completed our dealings with you in the following situations: judicial proceedings, to comply with local laws respecting record retention, and to comply with appropriate and adequate corporate record-keeping practices. As a result, we might not be able to comply with all requests to destroy personal information.
If we cannot comply with your request to exercise your rights in respect of your personal information, we will notify you in writing to explain why and, where applicable, provide you with the relevant sections of legislation dealing with the procedure to be followed should you wish to challenge our determination.
Where we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then the provision of such data is mandatory: if such data are not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, the provision of requested personal data is optional.
If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the supervisory authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
SNC is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
In the context of an onward transfer of personal information to a third party, SNC has responsibility for the processing of personal information it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. SNC shall remain liable under the Principles if its agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles unless the organization proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Is My Personal Information Secure?
SNC takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure. Among the steps taken to protect your information are:
- premises security;
- restricted file access to personal information;
- deploying technological safeguards such as security software and firewalls to prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access; and
- internal password and security policies.
Note that SNC does not use your Social Insurance Number, Social Security Number, or any other government-issued identification, as a way of identifying or organizing the information we hold about you.
Communicating with Us
You should be aware that email is not a 100% secure medium, and you should be aware of this when contacting us to send personal or confidential information.
Request for Access
If you have any questions or wish to access your personal information, please write to our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail at:
Superior Nutrition Coaching LLC
20180 Park Row Dr. Ste 6797
Katy, Texas 77449
If you apply to SNC for a job, we need to consider your personal information, as part of our review process. We normally retain information from candidates after a decision has been made, unless you ask us not to retain the information. If we offer you a job, which you accept, the information will be retained with our privacy procedures for employee records.
On our website, like most other commercial websites, we may monitor traffic patterns, site usage, and related site information in order to optimize our web service. We may provide aggregated information to third parties, but these statistics do not include any identifiable personal information.
Last updated Jan 01, 2020