TOTAL HEALTH TRANSFORMATION SYSTEM
All About 80% Full
Why 80% full is 100% awesome, and how to do it.
Why “80% full”?
First: The exact number isn’t important. “80% full” is the concept of eating a little less than you normally would.
80% full is about two things:
- how much you eat
- how it feels to eat that much
By doing this practice, you’ll learn:
- what portion sizes work for you.
- what it feels like to be physically hungry, satisfied, and/or full.
In the beginning, you might not know what 80% full is for you.
You might not know what 80% feels like, or what portion sizes work best.
That’s OK. You’ll experiment. Here are two techniques to start experimenting.
Eat slowly = 80% full
The better you are at slow eating, the easier 80% full will be.
In the beginning, as you learn what 80% looks like for you, go slow.
- Take a bite.
- Take a breath.
- Check in with yourself. How do you feel? Pause to notice.
- If it feels like another bite is a good idea, take another bite. And repeat.
- If you feel like you might be around 80%, stop.